- Insider is compiling notable advertising and marketing people moves each week.
- They include moves at R/GA, Publicis Groupe, and McCann.
- Visit the Business section of Insider for more stories.
The revolving door is always swinging in advertising.
Here’s a rundown on some of the biggest people moves in advertising and marketing over the past week. Let us know if we missed anyone.
- IPG’s R/GA named Ashish Prashar global chief marketing officer. He replaces Jess Greenwood, who left for Apple in September 2020. Prashar had been the global communications lead at Publicis Sapient.
- Publicis Groupe promoted Dave Penski to US CEO of Publicis Media. He replaces Tim Jones, who becomes chief operating officer of Publicis Groupe Marketing Services US. Penski was chief operating officer of Publicis Media, Americas.
- Publicis Groupe confirmed to Campaign that Cary Huang, its CEO of media and digital for the China region, stepped down “due to family reasons” after just one year. Jane Lin-Baden, Publicis Groupe’s managing partner for APAC and the CEO of North Asia, takes over in the interim.
- Doug Frisbie joined Snap as VP of business marketing. He previously spent nearly 11 years with Facebook, most recently as head of business marketing in North America.
- Havas Just, a healthcare agency, hired Nicole Yost from WPP’s BCW as its new CEO. Yost replaces Jennie Talman, who announced she’d be stepping down, and also becomes a leader at Havas Health & You.
- Droga5 global chief creative officer Neil Heymann is exiting to start a new venture, Le Truc, with Publicis Groupe, Ad Age reported. Heymann will be a founding leader of the New York City-based hub that will bring ad professionals, producers and strategists from the holding company’s New York agencies in one place.
- Bastien Baumann, executive creative director and head of design at WPP-owned Ogilvy, is also exiting to become a founding partner of rival Publicis Groupe’s Le Truc. Baumann, who spent nearly nine years with Ogilvy, will be chief design officer at Publicis Groupe.
- IPG’s McCann Worldgroup promoted Jeremy Miller to EVP, global chief marketing and communications officer. He’s been EVP and global chief communications officer since 2012.
Source: Read Full Article