A man has been sentenced to two years and eight months in jail after pleading guilty to stalking Louise Minchin and her adult daughter Mia.

In October, Carl Davies, 44, was due to stand trial at Caernarfon Crown Court but changed his plea to both charges brought against him to guilty.

He admitted to causing BBC Breakfast host Louise and her daughter Mia alarm and distress in a barrage of social media messages sent in 2020.

On Wednesday, ex-soldier Carl was sentenced at Mold Crown Court, where a statement on behalf of Louise said she and her family were still suffering from "deep distress" over the matter today.

Louise's statement read: "A year later, we are still extra cautious; we still don't feel safe and possibly never will."

"I couldn't sleep and would jump at the slightest noise. We had to make changes to our lives – where we walk, where we'd go for a run.

"We no longer felt safe in our home or anywhere else."

Judge Nicola Saffman told Carl: "Everyone has heard the full, graphic and disturbing detail of the messages you sent to Louise Minchin and her daughter.

"It is clear they believed you would carry out your threats because of the level of detail in your messages."

"Clearly, they would have been terrified by that, especially because it's clear you knew where they lived and knew the details of cars that were on their drive.

She added: "As a result, they are both now hyper-vigilant, they still have a sense of deep distress one year on, and the family still don't feel safe."

Speaking at the hearing back in October, Carl's lawyer claimed that he had little PTSD care after working as a close protection officer in Iraq.

It was also alleged that Carl's offences were carried out while he was drinking.

A previous hearing revealed how television host Louise lived in a "constant state of anxiety".

An order was previously granted banning the publication of the identity of Louise and her daughter during reporting of the case.

A crown court judge since lifted the order.

In 2017, Davies was given a lifetime restraining order after he was convicted of sending 3,000 messages to former Girls Aloud star Nicola Roberts. However, he breached the order the following year, but the case against him was dropped.

For more showbiz updates, sign up for OK!'s daily newsletter here.

Source: Read Full Article