First Lady Melania Trump has made her first statement on the pro-Donald Trump rioters who overtook the U.S. Capitol last week, and a story about what she was doing while the riot happened is going viral.

According to CNN, the First Lady was overseeing a photo shoot of interior decorative items at the White House.

“Photos were being taken of rugs and other items in the Executive Residence and the East Wing,” a source told the publication, and she was reportedly overseeing the shoot. The source added about Melania Trump, “she just isn’t in a place mentally or emotionally anymore where she wants to get involved.”

Now, on Monday (January 11), the First Lady released a statement about the events of last week.

“I am disappointed and disheartened with what happened last week. I find it shameful that surrounding these tragic events there has been salacious gossip, unwarranted personal attacks, and false misleading accusations on me – from people who are looking to be relevant and have an agenda. This time is solely about healing our country and its citizens. It should not be used for personal gain,” the First Lady said in a statement.

“Most recently, my heart goes out to: Air Force Veteran, Ashli (Babbitt), Benjamin (Phillips), Kevin Greeson, (Roseanne) Boyland, and Capitol Police Officers, Brian Sicknick and Howard Liebengood. I pray for their families comfort and strength during this difficult time,” she added about the Trump supporters and Capitol officers who died in the riot.

Meanwhile, if you missed it, the First Lady was accused of being so checked out ahead of the 2020 election that some believed she was using a body double during public appearances.

Source: Read Full Article