A CLEANING enthusiast has shared her review on the viral DIY grout cleaner that's taken the internet by storm.
Although there are plenty of grout cleaning products available on the market, sometimes the best remedies can be found in your home, according to fans on TikTok.
Desperate to give her dirty grout a makeover, TikTok user Lynn Creed (@lynncreed), believed to be from the US, decided to try out a cleaning hack she had seen on the platform.
For this, she demonstrated in the video, you will need only a handful of ingredients.
To make your DIY grout cleaning, add a generous scoop of baking soda to a bowl, before mixing in a splash of white vinegar and a squirt of hydrogen peroxide.
Make sure the bowl is big enough, as the chemicals will cause a reaction and the paste will be full of bubbles.
read more on cleaning
I cleared the shelves of bargain washing pods – now trolls call me selfish
Here’s how to remove grim stains from your mattress with stuff you’ve got at home
Once she had created the mixture, Lynn headed to the section of tiles she wanted to clean and applied a couple of spoonfuls onto the grout.
There, she let is do its magic for a minute and then used a brush to remove the grim build-up.
A little brushing later, Lynn grabbed a clean cloth and gave the area a good wipe.
Seeing just how clean the grout had become, the DIY fanatic couldn't believe what she was seeing.
Most read in Fabulous
Woman nabs cheap boots but then gets home & realises what had actually happened
I spoke out against Harry & Meghan & it cost me £2.5k a MONTH
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry suffer blow over King Charles' Coronation
Woman surprises hubby in sexy lingerie – but his reaction is brutal
''Holy! It works!
''I'm doing the whole floor,'' she chuckled.
FABULOUS BINGO: Get a £20 bonus & 30 free spins when you spend £10 today
Fellow cleaning enthusiasts were just as amazed, as over a hundred flocked to comments to share their thoughts.
''Woah!!! That looks like it works better than actual grout cleaner!!!'' exclaimed one TikTok user.
Someone else added: ''That happened by accident when I moved into my house. Once I saw it, I had to clean the entire floor!!''
''What the what?!!! Ok I’m doing my kitchen and bathrooms tomorrow! Now you got me wanting to try this!'' a third couldn't wait to make their floors sparkle.
''Use toilet bowl cleaner with bleach! Transformed my floor!'' read one of the many recommendations.
Cleaning hacks and tips
Here are some tips to help you clean your home like a pro:
- How to clean your washing machine in a few easy steps
- Keep on top of cleaning your oven regularly
- Clean your shower to ensure it's always sparkling
- How to clean your microwave using cheap household items
- Here's how to get rid of that nasty limescale in your kettle
- You're cleaning your carpet all wrong – here's how to get it spotless again in no time
- Unblock a toilet without a plunger
- Clean your fabric or leather sofa in a few easy steps
- If you haven't cleaned your mattress in ages, here's how
- Steps to cleaning your dishwasher to leave it looking brand new
- This is how to clean mirrors and windows without streaking
- Keep your toilet clean in four easy steps
- Give your TV screen a once-over
- Did you know your Venetian, Roman, vertical, or roller blinds also need cleaning?
- Deep-clean your fridge in five simple steps
Source: Read Full Article