A MUM who rushed her daughter to the doctor after discovering a black mark on the roof of her mouth has shared the mortifying moment she discovered it was only CARDBOARD.

Darian Depreta, from America, took to Facebook to share of the embarrassing trip to the GP, where she admitted to verbally arguing with the professionals who at first insisted it was a safe birthmark.

Taking to the social media site, the mum admitted she was so mortified she would 'never return' to that doctor's office again, as her daughter's mysterious mark turned out to be a piece of cardboard.

Mum-of-two Darian explained she had been playing with her daughter Bella, who is nine months old, when the strange brown mark was first spotted.

She wrote online: "I was playing with Bella today and noticed the roof of her mouth was black. I tried wiping it to see if it would come off and it didn't."

Panicked, Darian called her mother and her best friend to ask for advice, and within half an hour she was at the doctor's with baby Bella.

"I got to the doctors and the nurse practitioner tried to wipe it off," the mortified mum continued. "She said she had never seen anything like it before.

"She consulted with the doctor and they suggested that maybe it was a birthmark, but I insisted it was not because I always look in her mouth to clean it.

"Within moments, I was being told my daughter would be seeing two specialists – so the nurse practitioner decided to take another look at the medical mystery."

When she discovered it looked 'whiter' on the edges, the nurse got into the baby's mouth to try and scrap the mark away.

"She gets in there scraping it," Darian explains. "Only to find out it was CARDBOARD from a box Bella chewed – it stuck to the roof of her mouth."

Obviously relieved her daughter was out of danger, the mum was left embarrassed at the situation – having argued with doctors and demanded they found a solution.

"I can never show my face in that doctor's office again," she added. "I cried and laughed for a solid five minutes straight."

The mum added she was aware her daughter could have choked on the material, noting she 'thanked God' little Bella was fine after the ordeal.

"After crying, panicking and trying to figure out what it was – and the doctors didn't even know – she was okay," the mum concluded. "The laugh was after the storm of it all."

The post has since been liked by over 60,000 people in just a matter of days, with thousands of other parents sharing their own reactions in similar situations.

One wrote: "I insisted my son had a nasty cavity after discovering a huge black spot in his molar that I could no remove with anything. It was a strawberry seed."

Another added: "I put my daughter in the car last week and all of a sudden I see some red liquid coming out of her hand. I thought she had a gushing wound and freaked out. It was a melted crayon…"

In other news, a mum's innocent shower picture with her newborn baby backfired after a rude optical illusion was spotted by her followers.

Plus, we revealed how Meghan Markle has opted for posh mum's favourite £1,200 pram for baby Archie.

And a woman revealed her 'fearless folder' checklist for her children and husband in case of an emergency or sudden death.


Source: Read Full Article