- Figure out what the root of your dating fatigue is. If you are becoming exhausted by the dating process, are you exhausted out of fear of taking a break from it? Maybe taking a pause would mean you will have to sit with yourself and reflect on how not finding the “right one” makes you feel, specifically about yourself. Or you may be fearful that the “right one” will no longer be available if you take a break. You might just be tired of encountering different energies, which is completely understandable. Understand the root cause so you can understand yourself and what your desire for companionship is rooted in.
- Don’t use someone else to run away from you. We all have baggage and there is nothing more exciting than being involved with someone who can see you beyond what you have been through. However, it is important to not put the onus of healing your trauma on your partner. Unpacking your baggage is your responsibility.
- Be okay with taking breaks. Once you understand that dating is not a race but your own personal journey and no one else’s, you will become comfortable with going at your own pace.
- Learn to enjoy your solitude. Do you know how powerful it is to thoroughly enjoy your own company? If you don’t, dating will serve as an escape as opposed to a choice.
- Know you non-negotiables. Get real about what your wants, needs, and non-negotiables are within a relationship and honor them. When you understand and uphold exactly what you are looking for, it saves you time and energy.
- Wine and dine yourself while looking for your partner. Even if you meet your soul mate tomorrow and live happily ever after, no one knows exactly what you need and the way you need it but you. Treat yourself, spoil yourself, and engage in activities that nourish your spirit before and while you’re in a relationship. The act of dating yourself communicates to your brain that happy hormones are not only attainable when engaging with someone else.
- Go where you’re celebrated. I know the research states that Black women are having a harder time in the search for love, but that does not negate the fact that there are potential partners who will love you just the way you are and are ready to uplift you.
Source: Read Full Article