‘That’s the dates, take or leave’: Tyson Fury gives Anthony Joshua an ultimatum as he insists Battle of Britain can only take place on November 26 at Wembley or December 3 in Cardiff… despite AJ insisting on Dec 17 after agreeing to 60-40 purse split
- Anthony Joshua has accepted Tyson Fury’s offer for a Battle of Britain clash
- But Fury has hit back, insisting the fight can only take place on two dates
- Frank Warren sent written terms to Eddie Hearn, outlining a 60-40 split purse
- He also named the Principality Stadium as the potential location for the bout
- AJ has accepted the terms but said the fight must take place on December 17
Tyson Fury has issued a ‘take it or leave it’ ultimatum to Anthony Joshua over the dates for their potential Battle of Britain clash.
Joshua has accepted Fury’s offer for a Battle of Britain clash in December this year after Frank Warren sent written terms to Eddie Hearn. But he has stated the fight must take place on December 17.
Fury has taken exception to the proposed dates, throwing a potential stumbling block in the way of one of the most anticipated bouts in British boxing.
‘Nov 26th at Wembley or Dec 3rd in Cardiff. That’s the dates, take or leave,’ Fury said on Instagram.
Warren has offered a 60-40 split purse for the blockbuster bout and named the Millennium stadium as the potential location for the world title fight.
Joshua and his team have accepted the terms outlined by Fury and his representatives but stated the fight must take place on December 17 rather than the November 12 date suggested by Warren.
Eddie Hearn (left) has received written terms from Frank Warren over a Battle of Britain clash between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua (right)
Frank Warren (left) has sent over a written offer for the fight – with Fury (right) telling AJ to ‘take it or leave it with dates of November 26 or December 3
WBC heavyweight champion Fury handed Joshua a world title lifeline on Monday morning, challenging him to a blockbuster bout in December.
Joshua publicly accepted the offer but told Fury he would not engage in ‘online discussions just for clout’. Instead, he told the Gypsy King to approach his representatives.
Hearn and Matchroom boxing have now confirmed that Fury’s promoter sent over written terms for a potential bout this year and AJ has since accepted.
Warren has offered a 60-40 split purse for the fight – which is a generous offer considering Fury’s last fight with Dillian Whyte was an 80-20 split.
Warren also included a rematch clause in the deal and proposed for the fight to take place on November 12th this year.
Joshua and his team have accepted the terms, but only on the condition that the fight takes place on December 17th instead.
Joshua posted a picture of himself in the gym saying he was ‘in his office’ and ‘staying on top of business’ as talks continue with Fury
The Watford-born fighter has made a point not to drum up the potential dust-up with Fury, but posted a cryptic photo of himself sitting in his gym on Wednesday afternoon, saying he was ‘keeping on top of business’ as talks continue.
Fury has been pushing for an undisputed bout against WBA, WBO and IBF titleholder Usyk after the Ukrainian mastermind handed Joshua a second-successive points defeat last month.
However, Usyk has ruled himself out of fighting until next year due to injury – forcing Fury to go on the hunt for a new opponent.
Fury – who has said he is eager to defend his WBC belt this year regardless of Usyk’s availability – has subsequently called out Joshua.
The Gypsy King took to social media to say: ‘I think you’ve all heard that I’m going to be fighting soon, within the next few months.
Fury shocked boxing fans by offering a huge ‘Battle of Britain’ to Joshua at the end of the year
Joshua (right) has suffered successive defeats to Ukrainian mastermind Oleksandr Usyk (left)
‘I think that before I announce an opponent that I need to do this, just in case.
‘Anthony Joshua, I know you’ve just lost a fight to Usyk; you’re beltless at the moment. I’d like to give you an opportunity to fight me for the WBC heavyweight championship of the world, and the lineal championship, in the next few months.
‘You’re coming off a 12-round fight so you’re match fit, you’re ready. I’m giving you a few months’ notice. If you’re interested, I’ll send you the date over, and we can rumble. A battle of Britain for the heavyweight championship of the world.
‘Let me know if you’re interested. If not, I will select another opponent.’
Joshua said he would accept a fight with Fury – despite having lost to Usyk for a second time on August 20.
Usyk has sensationally offered to help Joshua ahead of Fury fight after defeating him twice
The Ukrainian has said that AJ must ‘keep working’ and must keep ‘moving forwards’
Usyk has since offered to help Joshua ahead of his much-anticipated heavyweight showdown with Fury by joining his camp.
Speaking to Sky Sports via Boxing Scene, Usyk said: ‘If he needs my help, I will go to his camp and help him.
‘He is not 40 years old, he is 33, so he should keep working – Anthony, don’t stop. I understand that he wanted to win against me, but Anthony can’t give up. He must go forward.’
Usyk beat Joshua via unanimous decision to capture the heavyweight crowns at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium back in September, 2021.
The 35-year-old then convincingly conquered Joshua in August, weathering a ninth-round onslaught to close the show in the 10th, 11th, and 12th rounds.
It is now likely that Joshua will face the Ukrainian boxer at the Principality stadium on December 17 to fulfil his mega-money deal with broadcasters DAZN
Usyk was awarded a split decision win despite out landing Joshua 170 to 124 in the rematch in Saudia Arabia.
Joshua was clearly frustrated by the second beating and had a bizarre post-fight ‘meltdown’ in the center of the ring during Usyk’s celebrations.
As a result, AJ said he would take some time away from boxing to reset and named December as the month he would return to the ring.
It is now likely that Joshua will face Fury at the Millennium stadium on December 17 to fulfil his mega-money deal with broadcasters DAZN.
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article