CHELSEA will face Man City for a place in the FA Cup final after the final four draw.

Meanwhile, Jude Bellingham is set to link up with the England squad after being given a sporting exemption by the German Government for the three World Cup qualifiers.

FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN SIGN UP OFFERS HERE

Follow our LIVE blog below to get the latest from around the clubs…

  • William Pugh

    GOOD MORNING FOOTBALL FANS

    Tammy Abraham has suffered a fresh blow in his battle to be part of Thomas Tuchel’s Chelsea revolution.

    The club’s top scorer will undergo a scan on a persistent ankle injury after breaking down in training yet again.

    Striker Abraham, 23, has not played since February 20 and lasted only five minutes before getting crocked.

    Boss Tuchel said: “It was an accident in training. He quit after only five minutes of the warm-up and it is more or less on the same spot as where the first injury was.

    “We thought he was going to be in the squad for today but now he will be out for many games.

    “He has to take it step by step. The way back is for him to be a substitute and be hungry and show it in training.”

    Meanwhile, on the transfer front, SunSport's Dan King revealed Manchester United are eyeing a £50million-plus summer move for Wolves star Pedro Neto.

    The Red Devils have made signing a right winger one of their top priorities and Neto’s impressive season, despite Wolves’ struggles, has moved him up the shortlist of Old Trafford chiefs.

    Utd could have signed Neto, 21, for next to nothing back in 2016 when he came to Carrington on trial from Portuguese side Braga – but he did not do enough to convince them to buy him then.

    But now United are understood to regard the Portugal international – Wolves’ £16m signing from Italian club Lazio – as a genuine alternative to long-term targets like Jadon Sancho and Jack Grealish.

    Rivals Manchester City have also been linked with Neto, but sources insist they are now ahead of United in the queue for Villa captain Grealish instead.

    And finally, Jude Bellingham will be allowed to link up with the England senior team this week.

    The FA have been told that the Dortmund teenager Bellingham will, after all, be given a sporting exemption by the German Government for the three World Cup qualifiers.

    This means the midfielder will not have to quarantine when returning to Germany from the UK.

    Bellingham, 17, who has just one cap, was included in the squad despite the strict German rules because the FA were confident there would be a change.

  • Joe Brophy

    RAISE THE BAR

    Lionel Messi added to his countless moments of magic for Barcelona as he broke the club's all-time appearance record on Sunday.

    A trip to fifth-placed Real Sociedad promised to be a huge test of the Blaugrana's title credentials.

  • Joe Brophy

    INSTAGRAM RACISTS

    Fred was racially abused after Manchester United’s 3-1 FA Cup quarter-final defeat at Leicester.

    Trolls targeted the United midfielder's Instagram account after his error gifted Kelechi Iheanacho the opening goal.

    Some posts were racist, making Brazil star Fred one of several UOld Trafford players to be so abused this year.

    Sick comments were aimed at Marcus Rashford on Twitter in January, while Anthony Martial and Axel Tuanzebe were attacked online last month.

  • Joe Brophy

    TAM SCAN

    Tammy Abraham has suffered a fresh blow in his battle to be part of Thomas Tuchel’s Chelsea revolution.

    The club’s top scorer will undergo a scan on a persistent ankle injury after breaking down in training yet again.

    Striker Abraham, 23, has not played since February 20 and lasted only five minutes before getting crocked.

    Boss Tuchel said: “It was an accident in training. He quit after only five minutes of the warm-up and it is more or less on the same spot as where the first injury was.

    “We thought he was going to be in the squad for today but now he will be out for many games.

    “He has to take it step by step. The way back is for him to be a substitute and be hungry and show it in training.”

  • Joe Brophy

    NO TOKY-MO?

    Egypt have named Mo Salah for the Olympics but say he won't play and miss the start of the next Premier League season unless Liverpool agree.

    Reds' boss Jurgen Klopp is anxious over stars joining the Tokyo Games from July 23 to August 8 this year.

    But Egypt under-23 boss Shawky Gharib insists Salah will only be one of his three over-age players with "an agreement between all parties".

    Gharib has so far chosen striker Salah as one of TEN players aged over 23 in his preliminary squad.

    And he stressed: "It is not only up to us to decide Salah's situation in joining the Olympic team as we just called him and are waiting for his decision along with his club."

    Klopp has already said he would want to examine Egypt's full preparations before giving his verdict.

  • Joe Brophy

    DRAGONS BLOW

    Aaron Ramsey will miss Wales’ opening two World Cup qualifiers.

    The Juventus midfielder, 30, has been ruled out of Wednesday’s trip to Belgium and the home clash with the Czech Republic on March 30 with a thigh injury.

    Wales named Ramsey in their squad last Monday but he missed Juve’s last two Serie A games.

    On Sunday night, the Welsh FA tweeted: “Aaron Ramsey is unable to join up with the squad due to injury.”

  • Joe Brophy

    OUT FOXED

    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer blamed United's FA Cup defeat to Leicester on their busy schedule and their midweek trip to Milan.

    The Red Devils were well off the pace as their FA Cup hopes were crushed by the Foxes.

    He told the BBC: "We didn't have the spark tonight – but it's understandable. This team have been fantastic in the last three or four months.

    "We played every three days and been on a great run. It just caught up with us, all the games and travels.

    "Thursday night in Milan was a big night and took a lot of out of us physically. We didn't have the extra zip, authority and confidence today.

    "We tried to get on the front foot and start well because sometimes you can get that adrenaline boost and confidence if you get a goal and that can carry you over the line.

    "We've got too many players that have played too many games and too many that haven't really had much football, Anthony Martial, Donny van de Beek, Paul Pogba and others are trying to get in who haven't had enough football. We didn't have enough against a tough team."

  • Thomas Blow

    BANTER FROM NEV

    Good news for Joe Hart – his social media team CAN post 'job done' after Tottenham picked up three points against Aston Villa.

    Gary Neville, however, is not sure they're still on the payroll…

  • Thomas Blow

    VILLA 0-2 TOTTENHAM

    It's all over at Villa Park – the visitors pick up the win to move up to sixth.

    But was Mike Dean right to award a penalty for Tottenham's second?

  • Thomas Blow

    BID TO SCORE AGAIN

    Dele Alli, meanwhile, is seeking love on celebrity dating app Raya.

    The Spurs and England midfielder, 24, is hoping to move on just weeks after he was dumped by model Ruby Mae.

    Dele will be hoping for some joy off the pitch — having seldom scored on it this season.

    He is seeking classy dates using a photo from a magazine shoot of him in a natty blue suit.

    A pal said: “Dele’s still gutted about the break-up with Ruby but knows he’s got to look to the future.

    “His pride was dented but now he is open about starting a relationship with the right person.”

  • Thomas Blow

    KANE MAKES IT 2-0

    A quick update from Villa Park.

    Harry Kane has scored from the spot to make it 2-0 to Tottenham.

    And it was him who won the penalty after Matty Cash caught him in the box.

    A long way back for Villa now.

  • Thomas Blow

    WHAT A SAVE

    It could have been very different for Atletico today had Jan Oblak not made a fabulous save.

    The 28-year-old saved former Newcastle star Joselu's powerful penalty with less than five minutes remaining.

    How important could that be in the title race?

  • Thomas Blow

    REMEMBER RIBERY?

    Former Bayern Munich star Franck Ribery scored for Fiorentina today in their 3-2 defeat to AC Milan.

    The 37-year-old, who spent 12 seasons with the Germany giants, has featured 39 times since his move to Italy in 2019.

    The opening goal of the game was scored by another veteran, Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

  • Thomas Blow

    500 FOR SUAREZ

    Suarez's winner today for Atletico was his 500th career goal.

    More than 80 of those came during his stint at Liverpool, fondly remembered by many Premier League fans.

    The 34-year-old scored 198 times for previous club Barcelona – and already has 19 for Atletico.

    Why did they let him go?

  • Thomas Blow

    FIRST FOR VINI

    Carlos Vinicius has scored his first Premier League goal for Tottenham Hotspur.

    Jose Mourinho's side lead Aston Villa 1-0 at Villa Park with 40 minutes played.

    Click HERE for live updates on the match.

  • Thomas Blow

    SWEET 'N SOUR 16

    Jose Mourinho says he named two 16-year-olds as Tottenham subs at Aston Villa tonight as a warning to his under-achieving senior players.

    England Under-18 midfielder Alfie Devine and striker Dane Scarlett, who will be 17 on Wednesday, sat alongside superstars Gareth Bale and Dele Alli on the bench.

    Mourinho made seven changes to the Spurs team following Thursday's woeful 3-0 defeat to Dinamo Zagreb.

    And he again questioned the professionalism of established players.

    Mourinho told Sky Sports: "I'm looking for a reaction, obviously. Two bad performances, two bad results – I feel we need a change.

    "We need positivity, we need fresh minds and we need two 16-year-old kids on the bench to prove to the other guys that we're looking to the future too."

  • Thomas Blow

    COUT AND DRIED

    Barcelona are reportedly desperate to offload Philippe Coutinho this summer – to avoid paying Liverpool another £17million.

    The cash-strapped Spaniards are poised for a hectic summer of transfer activity after the coronavirus pandemic decimated finances.

    And according to Mundo Deportivo, Coutinho is one player set to exit the Nou Camp – likely on loan.

    As part of the £142m deal that took him from Liverpool to Barca, £17m would be paid when the player reached 100 games.

    That was one of FIFTEEN clauses in the agreement.

    He has so far played 90 times.

  • Thomas Blow

    ATLETI GO SIX CLEAR

    Atletico Madrid have gone six points clear at the top of LaLiga after beating Alaves 1-0.

    Luis Suarez scored his 19th league goal of the season to give the title contenders all three points.

    Atletico are six points ahead of local rivals Real Madrid and seven in front of Barcelona, who have a game in hand.

  • Thomas Blow

    MEND HIS TOOTH

    Thomas Tuchel has confirmed Edouard Mendy will miss Senegal's Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.

    The goalkeeper is unavailable for the international matches because he needs a tooth operation.

    Tuchel said: "Mendy will stay because he has an operation on his tooth.

    "He needs to see the dentist because it needs to be done. It's why we do it now."

    Mendy was missing during Chelsea's 2-0 FA Cup win at home to Sheffield United on Sunday.

    And the shot stopper will now miss Senegal's matches against Congo and Eswatini.

  • Thomas Blow

    FOUNDATIONS LAID

    Keith Curle insists progress is being made despite still searching for his first Oldham win.

    The former Manchester City star has overseen three draws out of four since replacing Harry Kewell at the League Two side.

    Curle, 57, said: "I’ve only been in the job 10 days.

    "If you’re trying to build something and put foundations in place, a clean sheet is a good place to start."

    Oldham are 17th in League Two.

  • Thomas Blow

    WHAT A GOAL

    Armand Lauriente has scored one of the best free-kicks of all time.

    The Lorient forward must have been 40, 45 yards from goal when he equalised against Nantes.

    Don't believe us? Take a look…

  • Thomas Blow

    LUCKY BLUES

    Thomas Tuchel has admitted Chelsea were fortunate to overcome Sheffield United in their FA Cup quarter-final.

    Speaking after the match, Tuchel said: "The first half was OK, the second half when there was the chance for Christian Pulisic that we didn't take, then we lost control, concentration, a bit of momentum and there were many minutes we had to suffer.

    "They had two big chances and we were lucky to escape with a clean sheet.

    "But there are a lot of circumstances to explain it, and it's OK.

    "After 14 matches the target was to go to the quarter-finals [of the Champions League] and to Wembley, and the team have achieved both of the targets so big compliments to them and well done."

  • Thomas Blow

    'FREAKISH GOAL'

    Dumbarton conceded one of the greatest own goals ever seen in a hilarious blooper.

    Goalkeeper Sam Ramsbottom's clearance struck a defender and rebounded into the empty net.

    Go on, have a giggle…

  • Thomas Blow

    HEY JUDE

    Jude Bellingham will be allowed to link up with the England senior team this week.

    The FA have been told that the Dortmund teenager Bellingham will, after all, be given a sporting exemption by the German Government for the three World Cup qualifiers.

    This means the midfielder will not have to quarantine when returning to Germany from the UK.

    Bellingham, 17, who has just one cap, was included in the squad despite the strict German rules because the FA were confident there would be a change.

    Robert Lewandowski will also be allowed to play for Poland against England at Wembley on March 31.

  • Thomas Blow

    NEIL GONE

    Preston North End have parted company with manager Alex Neil.

    The former Norwich City boss leaves with the club 16th in the Championship.

    In a short statement, Preston said: "Alex joined the club in the summer of 2017 and he leaves us with our thanks and very best wishes for the future."

    Frankie McAvoy will take interim charge until the end of the season.

Source: Read Full Article