MANCHESTER UNITED are set to make two more signings before the window closes with Jadon Sancho and Alex Telles top of their list, reports claim.

United are keen to bolster their squad before the transfer window closes on October 5.

David Ornstein, from the Ornstein and Chapman podcast on The Athletic, spoke on United's recruitment drive and said he was sure that they would bring in a few new players.

Speaking on the podcast he said: "It would be a surprise to me if they didn’t finish the window with a new left-back and a right-sided player."

The left-back is reportedly Telles and the right-sided player is thought to be Sancho.

Both players have been heavily linked with a move to Old Trafford this summer but no deals have materialised so far.

Sancho, 20, is the Red Devil's No1 transfer target but negotiations with Borussia Dortmund have stalled as they refuse to meet their £108m asking price.

MAN UTD NEWS LIVE: Click here for the latest United news

United have already had a £91m bid turned down and Dortmund are adamant they won't budge.

Despite the stand-off, Solskjaer is confident that he will get a deal done before the window closes.

If the deal can't be completed United have drawn up a five-man shortlist of alternatives including Watford's Ismaila Sarr and Bournemouth's Josh King.

They have also reportedly bid £12m for Telles but Porto are said to be holding out for £18m.

Telles, 27, has one-year left on his contract but Porto will prefer to let him go for free next summer than accept United's offer as it's too cheap, according to reports.

But United reportedly believe Porto will play ball due to the financial implications of the coronavirus pandemic.

Solskjaer has only managed to sign midfielder Donny van de Beek so far this summer, and has been slammed by the former Ajax star's agent for not playing him enough.

Source: Read Full Article