Madrid hosts the second all-English final of the week – join us for all the build-up and live updates.
- jim sheridanMay 31, 20191:34 pm
TIME for some stats and trivia.
Ideal stuff for a Friday afternoon, because let's face it – you're basically just clock-watching at this point…
- In Spurs' CL games this season, there's been an average of 3.08 per match. So expect goals.
- Liverpool won both Premier League meetings this season (2-1 at Anfield, 2-1 at Wembley).
- The Reds are competing in their 21st UEFA final, with this their NINTH in this competition. Of those finals, they've gone on to lift the trophy on five occasions.
- Sadio Mane has scored the opening goal five of the last six games he's netted in.
- Both teams have scored in this fixtures in seven of the last eight H2H's.
- Liverpool have conceded the first goal in each of their last four European Cup finals dating back to Juventus in 1985. They opened the scoring in their first four.
- No team has conceded more goals in this season’s Champions League than Spurs (17). 41% of these goals have come in the opening 15 minutes of games (7/17).
WITH more than 24 hours to go, fans of both sides are turning Madrid red and white.
And it looks like plenty have travelled in the hope of bagging a ticket once in the city – so have had to get creative…
THE showpiece finale of the 2018/19 season is almost here.
Liverpool and Spurs go head-to-head tomorrow night at the stunning Wanda Metropolitano in Madrid for the Champions League crown.
Following the drama in Baku on Wednesday, we've another all-Premier League final to look forward to – the first CL final contested between English sides since 2008, when Manchester United and Chelsea met in Moscow.
For both sides, it's been a rollercoaster journey to this final game, with dramatic comebacks in the semi-finals somehow securing safe passage a fortnight ago.
Spurs and Mauricio Pochettino are chasing a face European trophy since 1963, whilst Liverpool are looking to replicate their 2005 Instanbul miracle and bag a sixth title.
Although the game doesn't get going until 8pm tomorrow, there's plenty to get through before then as thousands of fans make their way to sunny Spain.
SunSport will be bringing you all the manager quotes, team news and fan pics ahead of the biggest game of the season.
Source: Read Full Article