MANCHESTER UNITED fan Tyson Fury welcomed captain Harry Maguire to the WOW Hydrate family.
But City's Kevin De Bruyne joked he was less pleased to see the defender join.
Maguire has teamed up with the guys at WOW Hydrate as part of a new sponsorship.
And he announced the new deal by tweeting a mocked-up WhatsApp group chat – featuring Fury, De Bruyne, John Terry, Jamie Redknapp, Manu Tuilagi and Ant Middleton.
Fury sent a voice note, saying: "Wahey! Welcome Harry, get in there. WOW Hydrate family always growing."
JT said: "Hey fellow number 6," while Redknapp also welcomed the United centre-back.
But De Bruyne then 'left' the group chat in disgust – before being added back in by Fury.
The City maestro then messaged: "Only joking – great to have you involved mate."
Maguire shared a picture posing with the products and Fury added: "On the protein comeeeeee on, I'll FaceTime you later lad."
The £85million man replied: "Cheers guys. Tyson, speak later mate."
FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN SIGN UP OFFERS HERE
WOW Hydrate is a sugar-free, low-calorie protein water that has a unique push-cap technology which releases vitamins in.
And it is fast becoming a popular way to maintain hydration with many athletes.
Maguire tweeted: "Joining the @wowhydrate family, ready to #PushIt To Be The Best with the best!
"Hydration and nutrition is so important to keep you at your best, especially during these times it should not be neglected."
The England man – who signed a £700,000-a-year deal with Puma in 2019 – added: "Hydration is so important in this sport, so to know that I am receiving the vital protein, electrolytes and vitamins to maintain my performance and aid my recovery is fantastic.
"It means I can play at my very best."
Fury was introduced to the brand by former coach Ben Davison, who played a large part in getting the Gypsy King back on track.
The WBC heavyweight champ ballooned to 28st but replaced the beers and shots for the protein water as part of his 10st weight loss.
Reece James, Tyrone Mings, Fran Kirby, Eddie Hearn and Patrick van Aanholt are all among the impressive list of ambassadors for the
⚽ Read our Football live blog for the very latest news from around the grounds
How WOW Hydrate works
- Vitamins stored in the cap exposed to moisture increases the rate they are degraded by chemical reactions, along with exposure to temperature and light.
- Being stored in the cap means the vitamins strength is contained and only then the process begins once the cap is pressed giving a 24 hour time frame to consume the drink and benefit fully from ingredients
- The electrolytes in the Hydrate drink are stored in the cap, released with the vitamins. When electrolytes are in our bodies they dissolve into positive and negative charges that help the flow of water in and out of cells regulate, creating nerve impulses.
- When dissolved in water it forms a electrolytic solution to then create the purpose of replenishing minerals lost in sweat.
- With the push cap, it means this reaction does not occur until the cap is pushed and created when it is needed during or after exercise; making the drink more beneficial.
Source: Read Full Article