We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
Claudia Winkleman learnt her lesson after landing herself in hot water some time ago when she was trusted not to tell a soul about who was in the highly-anticipated Strictly Come Dancing line-up. But what did she do? Blabbered the whole list of names to a stranger in a lift.
I told them the whole [list]
And now, she’s suffering the consequences as BBC bosses make sure she’s the last to know to prevent history from repeating itself.
In a candid interview on The One Show, the telly star admitted she’d done the worst thing possible when it comes to keeping secrets, especially for one of the biggest shows on TV.
Speaking to Alex Jones and Jermaine Jenas on the BBC chat show, Claudia confessed she spilled the star-studded list of celebs when she was fronting It Takes Two.
“I am the last person [to find out],” she giggled.
“In 2006 when you two weren’t born, I was doing It Takes Two, which was the sister show, and they brought me in and said, ‘We’re going to give you the list and we’re going to give it to you quite early but you can’t tell a single soul’ and I was like, ‘Of course I won’t!'”
But her promise didn’t last for long, as a matter of minutes later she exposed one of the best kept secrets in showbiz.
She continued: “It was very important, we passed around crisps and they told me the names and then I went off with my little backpack and got in the lift and someone said, ‘Oh, don’t you do the sister show, who is taking part?’
“And I told them the whole [list]. I was like, ‘This, this, this and this, won’t they be good if they danced with so and so?'”
But she clarified it was all her own doing: “It was not his fault it was mine, and the next day he went, ‘By the way she’s a bit leaky’, so now they tell me nothing!”
Claudia also touched on the big news of the week, after contestant HRVY tested positive for coronavirus and had to go into quarantine for 10 days.
“He’s isolating and at the end of that, I imagine he’ll have another test, and then he can hopefully join us, and if he can’t, he can’t,” she shrugged, as BBC implemented strict rules that disqualify contestants immediately if they come down with the virus during the show.
To prevent coronavirus knocking on the door for any more stars, Executive Producer Sarah James explained the stringent measures to Express.co.uk and other press: “Unfortunately if you receive a positive test that means that you wouldn’t be able to continue in the competition.
Emmerdale spoilers: Meena’s husband arrives in Manpreet revenge plot? [SPOILERS]
I’m A Celebrity 2020 in ‘jeopardy’ as Wales imposes new lockdown rules [TV NEWS]
Beverley Callard: Corrie star ‘vows to win I’m A Celeb’ amid surgery [LATEST]
“Obviously, according to government guidelines, if you receive a positive test you have to isolate for two weeks and that would rule them out of the show.”
The cast face twice weekly tests, the first of which reportedly took place on Monday last week, when HRVY received the bad news.
The YouTube star, whose real name is Harvey Cantwell, took to Twitter after a BBC spokesperson confirmed someone in the line-up had tested positive, admitting he was “already super bored”.
He wrote: “Hi, wasn’t gonna worry anyone and say anything but now the story’s out, I have coronavirus, I’m all good, no symptoms, just isolating for the next 10 days. Already super bored so prepare yourselves for my Tik toks.”(sic)
Before receiving the test results, HRVY had been in contact with other members of cast and crew while promoting the show alongside fellow contestants Jason Bell, Maisie Smith and Clara Amfo, who are now also being tested.
He is said to be quarantining until 8 October, just four days before the pairings take place via video link.
If he does not recover in time, he will be forced to withdraw from the competition.
Strictly returns later this month to BBC One.
Source: Read Full Article