Queen Elizabeth II fuelled public concern after cancelling a trip to Northern Ireland and spending a night in hospital after "reluctantly" accepting medical advice to rest for several days.

A spokesman for Buckingham Palace said the Queen was “disappointed that she will no longer be able to visit Northern Ireland” – a trip which would have included an overnight stay.

The 95-year-old monarch's health is often speculated about when the public sees her walking with the aid of a stick or missing a royal engagement – but a royal expert is insisting that there is "no need for alarm".

US Royal expert Thomas Mace-Archer-Mills, founder of The British Monarchists Society, told Express.co.uk: “There is no need for alarm or concern for Her Majesty's quick overnight at King Edward.

“The stay at the hospital for observation, and to make sure she is keeping fit so as not to endanger her health by such a rigorous diary of responsibilities at the age of 95, shows responsibility and accountability for her person.

“Accepting advice from her doctors to take precautions with an overnight stay at the hospital was prudent and precautionary.”

  • Queen, 95, spends night in hospital after pulling out of Northern Ireland trip

King Edward VII's is a private hospital in London used by senior royals, including the late Prince Philip, who received treatment there earlier this year before passing away aged 99 in April.

Mr Mace-Archer-Mills continued: “A visit to Northern Ireland with a full diary of non-stop engagements and meetings would have been too much on her."

  • Prince Charles 'in tears' after moving testimony by young former-troubled teen

According to an official record of the Queen's diary, there have been at least 16 formal events during the month of October alone.

She was pictured on Tuesday evening hosting a Global Investment Summit at Windsor Castle alongside Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

The monarch is also scheduled to appear at the COP26 in Glasgow later this month.

“Every precaution must be taken to keep her well and safe so as not to encourage fatigue, illness, or exhaustion if she is to continue to carry out her duties across the nation as we all expect,” Mr Mace-Archer-Mills added.

  • What is wrong with the Queen: Buckingham Palace's statement as NI trip cancelled

“Her Majesty's sense of duty to Crown and Country always comes first, and without her health, she is unable to keep her vow of service to her people that she made on her 21st birthday from South Africa in 1947.

“A healthy Queen is a happy Queen, and her people would prefer she take precautions to preserve her health as she did, so as to keep her around longer.

  • Queen, 95, forced to cancel trip on medical advice and will 'rest for few days'

“After all, her ‘whole life, whether it be long or short’ has been dedicated to our service, and with that service comes the responsibility to make sure Her Majesty is fit in all aspects of her life to carry out that promise and its associated duties.”

In a statement on Thursday night, Buckingham Palace said: “Following medical advice to rest for a few days, the Queen attended hospital on Wednesday afternoon for some preliminary investigations, returning to Windsor Castle at lunchtime today, and remains in good spirits.”

Source: Read Full Article