AN ARGUMENT over stimulus checks lead to an alleged ex-con shooting a mom and killing her seven-year-old daughter and three family members.

The suspect, Malik Halfacre, 25, also reportedly took off with a six-month-old baby, Malia, after the brutal slayings in Indianapolis.

A statewide Amber Alert was issued for the baby around 3am Sunday, but she was later found unharmed, according to WNDU.

Officers were called at 8.15pm Saturday after shots were heard in the city's east side on Randolph Street.

An argument broke out over $1,400 stimulus checks between Jeanettrius Moore and Halfacre, who believed he should get half of the cash, FOX59 reported.

Wendy Johnson, Moore's cousin, told the outlet: "He wanted some of Jeanettrius’ tax money, stimulus money.

"She said, 'No, you don’t deserve any of this. I work. I take care of our child. You don’t do anything'."

Moore reportedly then offered Halfacre $450, but that wasn't enough, with him vowing to "get that money."

Johnson was told that on Saturday evening, while Moore was looking after her car, Halfacre walked up "gave her an evil look and walked off."

However, he later came back and allegedly slayed four people – Moore's daughter, seven-year-old Eve, her brother, 23-year-old Daquan, her mom, 44-year-old Tomeeka Brown and her cousin, 35-year-old Anthony Johnson.

Jeanettrius Moore was left wounded following the shooting, but survived.

"Malik came back in the house asking, 'Where’s the money?'," cousin Wendy told the outlet.

"They’re like, 'What money? What? What are you talking about?'. He said, 'Where’s the money? Where’s the money?'."

Johnson said that Halfacre then started digging through Moore's purse, likely in search of the cash.

"Daquan was trying to save his sister. He was taking up for his sister," Johnson told the outlet.

"He stood up and said, 'You cannot have the money. You cannot have her money.' [Moore] pushed Malik, and Malik pulled out the gun and just started killing everybody."

"He shot Daquan first. He shot Anthony. He turned around, and he shot my Auntie Tomeeka. My Auntie Tomeeka said, 'Malik!' and he shot her again. He came back and shot Daquan for the second time and somewhere between little baby Eve got hit somewhere and she was screaming, she was screaming."

Halfacre then took their infant daughter to the car and then strapped her into a baby seat before reentering the house for a milk bottle.

"He went back in the house, and that’s when he shot Anthony again when he was coming down the steps," said Johnson.

"When he went in the house, that was Jeanettrius' cue to run for her life, and that’s what she did. Ran for her life in traffic across New York Street and knocking on everyone's doors."

Moore then reportedly hid on a neighbor's porch until the cops arrived. Meanwhile, Halfacre was driving away with their child.

"He told her that she made him kill everybody," said Johnson. "She made him do it."

When cops arrived at the house, relative Lorenzo Moore walked through the back door to find the body of his brother, Daquan, and family members.

"I seen all my family members in there on the floor dead," said Lorenzo. “I could put the picture together of how everything went down and how everybody went."

"I didn’t even know that that was my people on the ground suffering because they let a monster out of prison," he said.

Halfacre was previously accused of shooting a man five times in early 2017 – but was released from custody in 2018 after pleading guilty to a lesser charge, the outlet reported.

"We always knew that he carried a gun," said Moore. "He didn’t have a job — just laying around being lazy."

He added that his sister was scared of Halfacre, insisting "it was like you could feel this fear."

"But you never want to do anything about it because you’re too scared and it might come to what it’s come to," he said.

"Just him being angry about not having any money and him not doing anything for himself, so he thought he would just take something from her."

The next day, following a four-hour SWAT standoff, Halfacre emerged from a duplex in handcuffs after hiding in an attic.

Officials did not immediately say whether he had been charged with any crimes.

Source: Read Full Article