THE LOUISIANA TikToker who went viral after she put Gorilla Glue in her hair has been gifted a wig by Beyonce's stylist after her hair disaster gets even worse.
Tessica Brown managed to chop off her ponytail with a superglue remover – but says her scalp still burns from when medical staff doused her with acetone.
Neal Farinah, Beyonce's hairstylist, wrote on Instagram: "We all have our own options. Yes she made a big mistake. But we going to keep tearing her down? Let’s help her.
"When she leaves the hospital if she needs a wig or taking care of her scalp I’m here for her."
Brown – whose sticky situation became a viral sensation over the weekend as she admitted to putting the industrial adhesive on her hair a month earlier and has yet to get the "gorilla tough" glue out – said she managed to cut off her ponytail after a strenuous four-hour ordeal.
She said she and a friend spent four hours on Tuesday using "Goof Off" superglue remover on her hair in an attempt to get rid of the glue – but ended up chopping her ponytail off instead.
The superglue remover loosened the glue into a gooey paste, but not enough to entirely strip her hair of the Gorilla Glue, which brands its products as "incredibly strong."
Brown's friend, however, was able to slice off Brown's ponytail by cutting off tiny chunks of the hair with a pair of household scissors.
Still, Brown says the ponytail has yet to relieve her of the constant burns she's experiencing on her scalp.
Her weekend visit to the ER saw medical experts pour acetone over her scalp in an effort to rid the Gorilla Glue from her hair.
However it was no match for the strong adhesive, and Brown says the acetone as well as other remedies have all left her scalp burning.
Fortunately, there's help on the way. Brown raised over $14,000 from a GoFundMe she created this week, and she's flying to Los Angeles to meet with a plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills who said he can remove the rest of the adhesive.
This week, she also announced she is "set to sue" Gorilla Glue for not putting a disclaimer on their label not to use the glue on hair.
The company has acknowledged the incident and expressed its condolences to Brown.
They also added Gorilla Glue was not intended for use on hair.
"We are aware of the situation and we are very sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident that Miss Brown experienced using our Spray Adhesive on her hair," it said in a tweet.
"We are glad to see in her recent video that Miss Brown has received medical treatment from her local medical facility and wish her the best."
"This is a unique situation because this product is not indicated for use in or on hair as it is considered permanent," read the Gorilla Glue tweet.
"Our spray adhesive states in the warning label 'do not swallow. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing."
Source: Read Full Article