The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox
An eight-year-old girl was suffocated by a rope swing after it got wrapped round her neck in a tragic accident.
Gabriele da Rosa Iankoski was in the courtyard of her grandmother’s house in Cascavel, Brazil, on February 15.
She went out to check on her and found her unconscious on the ground.
Emergency services rushed to the scene and took Gabriele to hospital by helicopter.
She suffered three cardiac arrests at the Western Parana State University Hospital and was revived by the medical team.
However, Gabriele was tragically pronounced dead later that evening.
Her cause of death was recorded as asphyxiation. As it was deemed an accident, the incident will not be investigated by the authorities.
Gabriele's grieving dad Vagner Iankoski told local media: "She was a very happy and outgoing child and had an iron constitution."
According to her family, Gabriele wanted to be a police officer. Her funeral took place on 16th February.
Earlier this month, an electrician was cleared of manslaughter after a seven-year-old boy was electrocuted by lights in apubgarden.
Harvey Tyrrell tragically died on September 11, 2018, at the King Harold pub in Romford, east London.
Harvey touched one of the lights while holding metal railings, creating a circuit.
North Korean hackers charged with attack on Sony after comedy mocked Kim Jong-un
Colin Naylor, 73, installed the lighting in the garden in June 2018.
He was found not guilty of a charge of manslaughter by gross negligence at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
However, Naylor was found guilty of a second charge of failing to discharge a duty under the Health and Safety at Work Act by failing to take reasonable care to limit the risk or prevent the danger of serious injury or death.
Naylor's brother-in-law and fellow electrician David Bearman, who owned the pub, previously entered a guilty plea to Harvey's manslaughter.
- In the News
Source: Read Full Article