COMEDIAN Kate Quigley has revealed that she's "recovering slowly" after an apparent fentanyl overdose at a party that killed her three friends.

The comedian announced that she is still in hospital in a tweet on Wednesday morning, where she was replying to a fellow joker who said "please everyone give love to my dear friend."

"Thank u Brian. I Love u!!!" Quigley wrote. "I'm gonna be ok. Stll in hospital, recovering slowly.

"Thanks so much to everyone who has reached out!!! It really has made a difference. Truly," she said.

The 39-year-old stage star was found unresponsive by police inside the plush $1.8 million apartment she rents on the Venice Canals early Saturday morning.

Fellow comic Fuquan Johnson, 42, was pronounced dead at the scene alongside stand-up Enrico Colangeli, 48, and Quigley's 33-year-old friend Natalie Williamson.

Investigators believe the four friends all consumed a batch of cocaine that had been laced with fentanyl, a powerful synthetic opioid that is 50 times more potent than heroin.

Quigley's mom, Fran Wyles, who lives in Ohio, gave family and friends an update on her condition, writing on Facebook: "Thank you everyone for your prayers and positivity. Kate is stable.

"She still isn’t lucid for more than a moment at a time. We are optimistic that she will recover (tho it won't be quick).

"She is unable to post (contrary to reports) but we are hoping she might be able to tomorrow. Again, thank you."

A second relative, who wishes not to be named, told The Sun: "We thank you and everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

"Kate is recovering and our focus is on getting her healthy again.

"We respect Kate's privacy and therefore won't go into details. She is lucky to be alive, and she has a tough road ahead."

Police responded to a 911 call at her plush rented apartment in Venice Canals, with photographs obtained by The Sun showing her luxury property following the deadly party over the weekend.

Autopsies will be carried out on Johnson, Colangeli, and Williamson this week to confirm their official causes of death, while the Los Angeles stand-up community has been in mourning.

Dealers have reportedly turned to fentanyl to keep their supply of drugs flowing throughout the pandemic.

And in a haunting tweet on the Thursday before the apparent overdose, Johnson said: "I'm so HIGH I just TRIED to SHAMPOO my body."

Police were directed to a home in the 200 block of Carroll Canal where a number of people are listed, although neighbors say the deadly party went down next door, where Quigley has lived for around a year.

We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The US Sun team?

Email us at [email protected] or call 212 416 4552.

Like us on Facebook at and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS

    Source: Read Full Article