Builder finds 40-year-old note hidden in the walls of Wiltshire shop warning ‘the walls are in a hell of state, so God knows what they’ll be like when you find this!’

  • Daniel Bodman, 39, was renovating Devizes, Wilts property when he found note
  • Letter written by ‘Nick Poole’ described being electrocuted while fitting out shop
  • The builder, who did the fittings in August 1986, was paid hourly wage of just £2
  • Do you know builder Nicholas JB Poole? Email [email protected]

A man was stunned to find a 40-year-old note hidden in a shop wall by a builder who nearly died from being electrocuted on the job. 

Daniel Bodman, 39, was renovating the building when he discovered the letter written by ‘Nick Poole’ in August 1986.

In it, the builder, who was on a £2 hourly wage, reveals how he was stripping out old fittings in the Devizes, Wiltshire property when he had a near fatal accident.

‘While doing this job, I was electrocuted because I touched two bare wires accidentally,’ he writes.

A man was stunned to find a 40-year-old note hidden in a shop wall by a builder who nearly died from being electrocuted on the job

Daniel Bodman, 39, was renovating the building when he discovered the letter written by ‘Nick Poole’ in August 1986

Bizarrely the message was scrawled on the back of a ‘Treatment of Electric Shock’ poster – complete with pictures of how to do CPR.

Daniel found the note during the renovations of an old building in Devizes in Wiltshire.

He is transforming the property into a new showroom for his masonry business Market Town Memorials.

Daniel was in the middle of taking some cladding down when he noticed the folded poster in the wall.

Daniel found the note during the renovations of an old building in Devizes in Wiltshire which he is turning into a new showroom for his masonry business

He said: ‘It makes an interesting little read, and had made us chuckle with what he had wrote it on. It would be interesting to find him.’

The full note read: ‘This shop “Herb Craft” was fitted by Nick Poole in August 1986 at an hourly rate of £2.00.

‘Nearly all the wood fitted had been taken down, cleaned up and reused so that the main costs were my wages.

‘The store walls are in a state so god knows what they will be like when you find this.

‘While doing this job, I was electrocuted because I touched two bare wires accidentally. Nicholas Jo Poole.’

Source: Read Full Article