MEGHAN Markle and Prince Harry "don't regret" Megxit, as the royal is "finally doing what he wanted to do".
A source told People they "love" their newfound freedom to work on special projects and life away from the "firm".
⚠️Read our Meghan and Harry blog for the latest news on the Royal couple
Harry, 36, and Meghan, 39, stepped down as senior royals last year in a bombshell announcement.
A source close to the couple told the magazine: "Meghan and Harry took a huge leap of faith to embark on their new life.
"Despite everything that has been going on this year, they don’t regret their move to the US.
"They love that they are able to focus on projects and causes that are important to them.
"It was always their dream to be financially independent and pay their own way.
"Harry was finally doing what he’d wanted to do for years, and to have Meghan and Archie with him was all he could have asked for."
A royal historian believes Harry was keen to "get out and start a new life" away from the family, saying he was sick of being the "spare".
Robert Lacey said he needed to "create his own identity", adding "to stay in the royal system is to go along with subservience to those more senior than you".
Those more senior in rank than Harry are the Queen, Prince Charles and his brother William and his three children.
The pair were allowed to keep one foot in the door on the condition Harry would meet with his grandma at a later date to discuss how the arrangement was working.
A 12-month review was due for March 31 this year – but the prince has been forced to cancel the plans as a mutant Covid strain ravages the UK and non-essential travel banned.
Royal sources say Harry is yet to re-arrange with the Queen, but is expected to do so in the coming weeks.
Harry was finally doing what he’d wanted to do for years, and to have Meghan and Archie with him was all he could have asked for.
It is thought the couple had wanted an "extension" on the interim period before they officially leave.
Prince Harry especially is keen to keep up with his military patronages – some of which could be at risk if he quits.
We also revealed the Prince was in line for a ticking off from his grandma on his return to the UK after a source told The Sun: "There are all sorts of issues to speak about — not only his political statements but also his visa situation in the US."
However, they also added: "Even though he would have to isolate for two weeks, the estate is large enough for talks in a socially distanced way.”
The pair left the UK first for Canada, and then settled in California.
They have signed up for big money deals with Spotify and Netflix as they forge their own way.
Experts think the couple’s Spotify podcast deal is another leap towards what could be a £1billion business empire in the US.
It follows a rumoured £100million deal with Netflix to make documentaries.
And while they have stepped down as senior working royals and are now making their own money, the pair are still expected to uphold the values of Her Majesty.
But senior advisors are reportedly concerned over the speed at which they have been signing megabucks deals with the likes of Netflix, Spotify and the Harry Walker Agency.
Source: Read Full Article