A London family say they've been forced out of their home after toilet water leaking into their kitchen put their four-year-old daughter in hospital.

Royal Mail worker Taimur Ali, his wife Zalkha and their four children were living on Morrisons food vouchers and takeaways because the kitchen in their Harrow house was unusable.

Eventually they had to leave and move in with Zalkha's mum after the kids kept getting sick from the damp and mould.

Taimur, 43, told MyLondon: "We are living in such ghastly conditions, the toilet water is where we cook. It has been gushing down from the ceiling.

  • Daily Star's newsletter brings you the biggest and best stories – sign up today

"You would be shocked to see it. I can not believe we live in these kinds of conditions in Harrow."

The youngest child in the family, four-year-old Zaynab, was admitted to Northwick Park Hospital due to breathing difficulties as a result of dampness, mould and dirty toilet water leakages.

Taimur and his wife Zalkha, 36, are also worried about the other three children. Eldest daughter Sadaf, 14, is austistic while his sons Turrab, 16, and Qasim, 14, has also been sick.

He added: "I can not take anymore, my son will get sick. He has suffered from asthma the past few years."

The family were forced to turn the electricity off due to the water leakages and had to stop cooking altogether in the kitchen.

Prior to moving into the home on Toorack Road in 2015, the family was in temporary accommodation for seven years.

Now the damage has become so bad they have left the property and are staying in a single room at Zalkha's mother's home.

Taimur added: "For the past two or three months we have been trying to contact our housing association. Every single person who could do something about it but then it fell silent.

  • Desperate family of three living in 'freezing' car with two dogs weeks before Christmas

"I'm a key worker, I worked through the pandemic but when the time comes for help there's nothing open for me. All the doors are shut for me."

The family first noticed a leak in September but surveyors dismissed the damage. When the condition of the house got worse the housing agency Notting Hill Genesis stopped responding.

In the early hours of one October morning the ceiling of the kitchen collapsed.

A spokesperson for Notting Hill Genesis said: "We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by this leak and that it has not been dealt with sooner.

"We have arranged for an operative to visit the property this evening (December 30). In the meantime, we have been in touch with the family to apologise and to offer them hotel accommodation should they need it while we fix the leak."

Harrow Council has been approached for comment.

Source: Read Full Article