A MUM has shared a terrifying video of her teenage daughter gripped with 'Exorcist-like' seizures after her drink was spiked at a club.
Millie Taplin, 18, clawed the air and looked "possessed" after a mystery man slipped an unknown drug into her glass.
Distraught mum Claire, 48, can be seen desperately trying to comfort her daughter as she writhed in a hospital bed in the footage.
She said: "I've never seen anything like it. Millie was aware of what was happening but couldn't speak.
"It was horrendous. She looked possessed."
Millie, who has now recovered from the horrific ordeal, believes that her drink was spiked by a man who had been talking to her on Saturday night.
The man had brought two drinks back from the bar at Moo Moos nightclub in Southend, Essex.
Claire said: "Millie only took two sips of the drink. We're lucky it wasn't any more.
"She felt sick almost immediately and went outside. She knew she wasn't drunk but was slumped in a nearby alleyway.
"I'm so thankful her friends were there for her, otherwise who knows what would have happened."
"There are no words for what I could say to the person responsible.
TEEN RUSHED TO HOSPITAL
"She was really excited about going out on Saturday, she was so happy. It's such a shame."
Millie Talpin, who works as a carer, visited the club with four girl friends. It was the first time she'd been to a nightclub since turning 18 last November.
But night of dancing quickly descended into a horror scene after a man in his early 20s is believed to have spiked a vodka and lemonade drink he bought for her.
Millie, who bought four drinks for herself inside the club, said: "There was a guy with a group of people that I knew. I can't be certain that it was him but the drink he gave me was the only other drink that I had.
"We were all getting along quite well. I had a couple of sips of the drink and went to the smoking area. I came back and felt like I'd drunk too much, and then I went outside to be sick."
Millie quickly found herself unable to speak and walk, before losing control of her legs and hands.
At around midnight, Millie's panicked friends called her older sister Sadie, 28, who came to pick her up and rushed her to A&E.
Millie said: "I knew everything going on. I could reply to people in my head but I couldn't get it out.
"It was really scary. In my head I was there but in my body I wasn't. I've never felt like that.
'I COULDN'T SPEAK'
"The doctors were really supportive and trying to calm me down. I was in such a state when I arrived. I was so scared.
"I don't ever want to go through that again. It was horrible."
Millie suffered seizures for around two hours. After a night on the wards, she was finally allowed home the following day.
She said: "I probably won't be going out much more. I'll be taking every precaution there is to take.
"No matter how well you think you know someone, never accept a drink off them or anything."
A spokesperson for Essex Police said: "We are investigating after we received a report of a woman having a drink spiked at a nightclub in Southend.
"It is reported that an 18-year-old woman had taken ill outside a venue in Warrior Square.
"The report was made to us at 3.30am on Saturday.
"The woman was taken to hospital for assessment. No arrests have been made and our enquiries are ongoing."
A spokesman for Moo Moos nightclub said: "We urge all customers to be present when their drink is ordered and that they do not leave it unattended.
"The alleged drink spiked appears to have been accepted from a person known to the lady affected.
"While it was not reported to us at the time, we are assisting the police who are dealing with the matter."
Source: Read Full Article