PIERS Morgan has slammed Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's "cheesy" pregnancy photo as he accused them of an "attempt for more media attention".
The Good Morning Britain host has been a high profile critic of the couple since they left the Royal Family and moved to the US.
👑 Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest news and gossip...
Piers' tweet was liked and retweeted thousands of times in a matter of minutes as he took aim at the couple over their baby announcement on Valentine's Day.
The couple had shared a black and white picture of themselves under a tree, with Harry resting his hand on Meghan's head as she cradles her bump.
The 55-year-old TV host tweeted the picture along with his message to his 7.7million followers as he blasted the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
"Harry & Meghan have announced they’re pregnant and released this cheesy photo of themselves to ensure the media gives the story about their private life more prominence – in their latest courageous effort to stop the same media focusing on their private life," he wrote.
And in responding to a fan who said they would never hear the end of it on GMB, he replied "Relax, I'm off for a week".
Piers has regularly gone after the couple with rants and mocking jibes since they left the Royals to forge their own path at the start of 2020.
And just days ago he urged The Queen to permanently strip Prince Harry of his military titles because he cannot be an "absentee armchair general".
His latest attack came as Harry and Meghan told fans that their son Archie was going to be a big brother as they are expecting their second child.
"We can confirm that Archie is going to be a big brother," a spokesman for the couple said.
"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are overjoyed to be expecting their second child."
The announcement followed Meghan opened up last year about suffering a miscarriage heartbreak in an emotional essay in the New York Times.
Harry and Meghan quit their roles as senior working royals in March 2020 in a quest for personal and financial freedom, and now live in an £11 million house in Montecito in California.
The couple's new tot will add to Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip's ever growing family – being the monarch's tenth great-grandchild.
And he or she will be Prince Charles fifth grandchild, joining Archie and Prince William's children with George, Charlotte and Louis.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's new baby will be eighth in line to the throne.
The couple's first child Archie was born in 2019 and is due to celebrate his second birthday on May 6.
And in an incredible gesture, Harry and Meghan appear to have taken inspiration from the Prince's late Princess Diana.
Some 37 years ago today Diana announced she was expecting Harry – her second child – in a surprise reveal for Valentine's Day.
Meghan and Harry were married in May 2018 at St George's Chapel, going on to welcome son Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor into the world a year later.
The couple kept the birth of Archie very private and chose not to reveal the hospital where he would be born or pose for pictures with him immediately after his arrival. His christening was also a private affair.
When they introduced Archie to the world two days after his birth, the parents gushed over his arrival.
New mum Meghan said at the time: "It's magic, it's pretty amazing. I have the two best guys in the world so I'm really happy."
She added: "He has the sweetest temperament, he's really calm."
The couple have made no secret of their desire for a second child but they previously said two would be their limit for environmental reasons.
Recalling the devastation of her miscarriage, the Duchess said she had been looking after her son Archie, who would have been about 14-months-old at the time, when she felt a "sharp cramp".
In the moving piece, she wrote: "After changing his diaper, I felt a sharp cramp. I dropped to the floor with him in my arms, humming a lullaby to keep us both calm, the cheerful tune a stark contrast to my sense that something was not right.
"I knew, as I clutched my firstborn child, that I was losing my second. Hours later, I lay in a hospital bed, holding my husband’s hand.
"I felt the clamminess of his palm and kissed his knuckles, wet from both our tears."
Meghan said she had decided to speak out about her loss because miscarriage was still a taboo subject which led to a "cycle of solitary mourning".
The former actress said she wanted to encourage people to ask "are you OK?" over the holiday season.
In the touching essay, she added: "Sitting in a hospital bed, watching my husband’s heart break as he tried to hold the shattered pieces of mine, I realized that the only way to begin to heal is to first ask, 'Are you OK?'"
The Duchess referenced the interview she gave in South Africa last year when ITV journalist Tom Bradby asked her the same question.
Source: Read Full Article