Police say a “freak accident” at a northern Utah pool sickened dozens with chlorine gas Tuesday.
About 50 people were sick after a pump forced too much chlorine out of a jet at Pleasant Grove Veterans Memorial Pool about 36 miles (58 kilometers) south of Salt Lake City.
Pleasant Grove Police Capt. Britt Smith said people were coughing, vomiting and bleeding from their noses.
He said police don’t believe any of the injuries are life-threatening.
American Fork Hospital emergency room doctor Nathan Miller told KSL-TV that he treated patients who inhaled the gas and some could have chronic respiratory issues.
Ambulances took about 26 people to hospitals and about two dozen others sought treatment themselves.
Doctors at one hospital said 15 children and an adult were being treated.
Source: Read Full Article