Prince Andrew’s ex-girlfriend Lady Victoria Hervey ‘is thanked by Princess Beatrice for all the support for her father’
- Prince Andrew’s ex-girlfriend Lady Victoria Hervey claims Beatrice thanked her
- She said the Princess approached her to offer thanks on her father’s behalf
- Lady Victoria has repeatedly claimed the infamous photograph is fake
Prince Andrew’s ex-girlfriend Lady Victoria Hervey claims she was personally thanked by his eldest daughter Beatrice for her tireless efforts to clear his name.
Lady Victoria claims she was approached by the Princess, ninth in line to the throne, at the Lady Garden Gala recently.
She said: ‘I saw Princess Beatrice… and she said, ”Thank you for all your support for my father and for all the work you’ve been doing”.’
Princess Beatrice has not commented on Lady Victoria’s claims.
Lady Victoria, who briefly dated the Duke of York in 1999, maintains the infamous photo of Andrew with his arm around his accuser Virginia Giuffre is fake.
Lady Victoria claims she was approached by the Princess, ninth in line to the throne, at the Lady Garden Gala recently
Lady Victoria, who briefly dated the Duke of York in 1999, maintains the infamous photo of Andrew with his arm around his accuser Virginia Giuffre is fake
Last weekend, the Mail on Sunday debunked those allegations when we revealed it was an ordinary printed photograph developed at a one-hour photo lab that would have been virtually impossible to doctor.
The sensational evidence undermines the Duke’s dramatic bid, revealed exclusively in last week’s MoS, to overturn the multi-million pound settlement he struck with Miss Roberts and restore his battered reputation.
This newspaper first published the photograph showing Andrew, then 41, grinning with his arm around Miss Roberts at Ghislaine Maxwell’s mews house in Belgravia, London, on February 27 2011.
The picture, which shows Maxwell in the background, had been taken nearly a decade earlier by paedophile Jeffrey Epstein using Miss Roberts’ camera.
In devastating legal testimony, Miss Roberts, now 39 and using her married name Giuffre, claimed the picture was taken the night she had sex with Andrew at Epstein and Maxwell’s bidding, after the pair had danced at Tramp nightclub in London.
Andrew has repeatedly and strenuously denied the allegations and during an interview with BBC Newsnight in 2019 attempted to cast doubt on the photo’s authenticity. ‘Nobody can prove whether or not that photograph has been doctored but I don’t recollect that photograph ever being taken,’ he said.
Lady Victoria claimed he was ‘not allowed’ to fight the case and the disastrous performance during his Newsnight interview was due to receiving ‘no media training’.
The fallout from the BBC interview with Emily Maitlis ultimately led to Andrew, 62, stepping down from public duties in November 2019 before being stripped of his military titles and royal patronages.
Lady Victoria said: ‘I saw Princess Beatrice… and she said, ”Thank you for all your support for my father and for all the work you’ve been doing”.’ Princess Beatrice has not commented on Lady Victoria’s claims
In an interview with ITV’s Lorraine, Lady Victoria claimed she’d been ‘in contact with the person who I believe is the real person who took the photo and he’s told me exactly how it was done and that he was involved in actually doing the photoshop’.
The duke went on to pay millions to settle a civil sexual assault case with Ms Giuffre – a woman he claimed to have never met.
Meanwhile, Maxwell was sentenced to 20 years in a US prison last year after being found guilty of luring young girls to massage rooms so Epstein could molest them between 1994 and 2004.
Epstein was found dead in his cell at a federal jail in Manhattan in August 2019 while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges. His death was ruled a suicide.
Source: Read Full Article