PRINCE Harry and Meghan Markle's behaviour is "verging on treasonous", an aide to the Queen has reportedly said.
The Sussexes' explosive tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey rocked Buckingham Palace, and also upset Prince Charles and Prince William.
? Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest news...
One of the Queen's closest aides said the couple's shocking claims during the TV interview were "verging on treasonous", the Sunday Times reported.
Another source said they had shown "an incredible act of disloyalty", and said that the disruption they had caused was "manna from heaven" for republican movements around the world.
Last week, the Queen revealed she was "saddened" as she finally responded to Meghan, 39, and 36-year-old Harry's race claims, saying: "Some recollections may vary".
Her Majesty, 94, released a statement almost two days after the couple's TV interview.
The Queen said the incendiary claims a member of the family raised concerns over the colour of Archie's skin would be investigated and "addressed privately".
Her unprecedented response came after the tell-all Oprah chat that saw Meghan break down in tears as she and Harry revealed the pressures they faced within the Firm.
A statement from the palace said: "The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan.
"The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning. Whilst some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately.
"Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved family members."
A Buckingham Palace source told The Times that there was a "clear threat that if you challenge [Harry and Meghan's] narrative, they'll release more [allegations]".
Harry's dad Prince Charles has also been left "deeply hurt" by the Oprah interview, but wants to mend the broken relationship with his son, insiders have claimed.
Charles plans to contact Harry within the next few weeks in a bid to heal their bond, following the Duke of Sussex's departure from royal duties.
It comes after Prince Harry claimed his father stopped taking his calls after Megxit and that his relationship with his dad was far from cordial.
A source claims Charles now wants to heal the wounds.
A friend of the Prince of Wales told the Mail on Sunday: "You are looking at a father who is deeply hurt by where he finds his relationship with his son.
"But, after much reflection, he also realises that nothing good will come of prolonging the fight.
"He feels it is time to heal. Now is the time to mend a broken relationship."
The source also claimed that Prince Charles has a "real desire" to restore the bond with his youngest son, while Camilla can "see how upset her husband is."
CHARLES IN 'DESPAIR'
Earlier this week, Prince Charles was reportedly in a "state of despair" over the TV interview.
During the primetime chat, Harry claimed his father Charles stopped taking his calls after Megxit and was financially cut off by the Royal Family last year.
Although reports have now said differently – with the heir to the throne giving Harry "many hundreds of thousands of pounds" last year.
Informed sources said he received a lump sum from Prince Charles in late March 2020 after he announced his decision to step aside.
The Duke of Sussex said there was a "lot of hurt" between him and his dad – but insisted he had not “blindsided” the Queen when announcing he and Meghan were stepping back as senior working royals.
And he said he felt "really let down" by his father, saying: "He knows what pain feels like.
"Of course I will always love him but there's a lot of hurt that's happened and I will continue to make it one of my priorities to try and heal that."
He also spoke about his relationship with older brother William, saying he loved him "to bits" but he and the future king were "on different paths".
Source: Read Full Article