A little girl burst into tears and began vomiting after falling face first into dog poo left on a pavement.

Sarah Varley was walking her five-year-old daughter Emelia, home from school at around 3pm yesterday when the child fell outside Shroggs Park in Halifax, Yorkshire.

Despite looking like she just took a tumble on fallen leaves, beneath them was a large pile of dog poo in the middle of the path, reports Examiner Live.

The poo had gone all over Emelia's front, on her school top, on her hands, on her face and even a bit in her mouth which was so distressing, she started crying.

As mum Sarah went to get something to clean her traumatised daughter with, sister Ella took a photo of the horrible moment.

Emelia started to gag and was sick but thankfully it appears as though she has not become seriously ill.

Sarah, from Boothtown, said: "I just dropped her off at school and asked her teacher to keep an eye on her. I'm going to report it to the council too.

"The smell made her sick. She's a really gaggy kid as it is. Any smell will make her gag. She has a fear of germs."

Sarah is hopeful the owner of the dog can be brought to justice.

She added: "It's disgusting. We have two dogs and always pick up after them.

"It's a nightmare near the school. People walk past to take the dogs onto the park but don't pick up the mess. They shouldn't have dogs if they won't clean up after them."

Contact with dog faeces can cause humans to develop Toxocariasis, which in most cases causes stomach pain, a cough or a temperature but occasionally can lead to problems with organs such as the liver, lungs, eyes or brain.

Source: Read Full Article