Almost exactly two years ago today disgraced former copper Wayne Couzens exposed himself to staff at a drive-thru window at McDonalds.

Shockingly, despite being a police officer, he made no attempt to conceal his identity, adding to the view that he saw himself as untouchable.

After the first incident on February 14, 2021, the now-convicted rapist returned on the 27th of the same month, and repeated his sickening action, leaving staff "shaken and angry", it's been reported.

READ MORE: Military jets scrambled as mystery balloons spotted above two European countries

Despite this, and even though he paid with card and the number plate on his car was easily identifiable, no action was taken against him.

His sexual crimes were reported to police going back at least 13 years, yet he continued to serve as a police officer, despite a litany of allegations of improper behaviour in a wide range of locations towards many different women.

This week he admitted three counts of indecent exposure, one of which he committed four days before he murdered Sarah Everard.

He is serving a whole-life sentence at Durham prison for the kidnap, rape and murder of 33-year-old Sarah Everard in March 2021.

Bas Javid, the force’s Deputy Assistant Commissioner for Professionalism, said: “We know the public will, understandably, be sickened at yet more grotesque crimes by Couzens.

"The process of flushing out the corrupt and the criminal from the Met will be slow and painful, but is necessary and we will continue to do so.

"This is how we will reform, move forward and become an institution Londoners can have confidence in.”

  • Rampaging tiger mauls fisherman in bloody attack days after beast ate victim alive

On both times occasions in the McDonald's, Couzens looked straight at the workers while sitting in his car as he paid for the food.

Staff took a registration number after the second incident and identified the car from CCTV footage.

This was just four days before his horrendous crimes towards Sarah Everard were committed.

His number-plate was also given to Met Police in February 2021, but they did not carry out the correct checks, leading many to believe this was a missed opportunity in preventing Sarah Everard's death.

To get more stories from the Daily Star delivered straight to your inbox sign up to one of our free newsletters here.


  • Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 'have literally become laughing stock' warns royal expert
  • North Korea's 'Benidorm' built on ex-missile site swamped in human poo as hotel plan axed
  • Met Office warns of 75 mph winds as storm gales set to batter Brits later this week
  • Murderer who's never revealed where wife's body is has been released from prison
  • OnlyFans stunner Elle Brooke wows fans with raunchy lingerie shoot on top of a mountain

Source: Read Full Article